Civil Engineering is the mother of all engineering disciplines. It deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works such as bridges, roads, canals, dams, airports, highways, buildings, flyovers, tunnels and offshore structures. The study involves planning, designing and executing structural works.
The major specializations within civil engineering are structural, water resources, environmental, construction, transportation, geo-technical engineering etc. Most engineering graduates start with the basics and as they prove their competence they are given more and more responsible tasks. Senior engineers involve in more complex design works or management of junior engineers or into specialized consulting.
About the Department
Department of Civil Engineering of SaIT has been imparting quality education to meet the technological advancement and industrial requirements. This has been made possible due to qualified and dedicated faculty, state of the art laboratories and infrastructure facilities.
Outcomes of Civil Engineering
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
Knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Click here to